1ST & 2ND TEST TOUR
Following the conclusion of the T20 World Cup and short ODI series in South Africa, England turn their attention back to red ball cricket with a two test series in New Zealand against the Black Caps. Last time out in November 2019, the hosts comfortably won the series with a 1-0 scoreline. Having just triumphed on home soil with kiwi Brendan McCullum at the helm, you can be sure that England will be keen to put on a show in New Zealand.
With guaranteed beautiful test grounds and superb local hospitality to enjoy, join us as we take you down to New Zealand for some scintillating test match cricket at the end of England’s winter series.
12th Feb -2nd Mar 2023
- Officially guaranteed 5 day season tickets to both test matches at the Bay Oval in Mount Maunganui and Basin Reserve in Wellington
- Options to add on full match hospitality by the day including breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea and inclusive beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks.
- Emirates Airlines, Economy class, from London or Manchester
- 1 night at the 5* Pullman in Auckland; 6 nights at the 4* Hotel On Devonport; 1 night in 5* Hilton Lake Taupo; 7 nights at the 5* Sofitel in Wellington;
- Transportation between Auckland to Tauranga, Tauranga to Taupo & Taupo to Wellington
- Return match day transportation
- Exclusive EST cricket merchandise pack
- Elite Sports Travel staff in attendance
- Elite Sports Travel concierge service
- Optional bolt on excursions throughout the tour including Hobbiton Movie Tours tour, Hot springs experiences, Maori experiences, wine tasting and much more
Auckland & Tauranga
Arrive in Auckland in good time for your transfer to your hotel for a one night stay to recover from the long flight.
The following day we transfer you down to Tauranga for a 6 night stay ahead of the first test. Enjoy a leisurely morning ahead of the day-night test at the beautiful Bay Oval which starts on 16th Feb. Although a relatively new cricket ground, it still retains its rustic charm with open grass surrounding the outfield and the only actual seating comprising some small steps in front of the pavilion. It’s a real slice of local New Zealand treasure.
Of course, if you would like options for full hospitality, this is located in the marquee behind the bowlers arm and offers a delightful selection of local cuisine and fully inclusive drinks. It’s also very reasonably priced, ask our team for details.
Taupo & Wellington
At the conclusion of the test in Mount Maunganui, we transport you down to Taupo for a days relaxation and sightseeing around the beautiful Lake Taupo.
The following day transfer down to Wellington with an extra day spare to take in the many sights in New Zealands second biggest city. Rested and ready to go again, Basin Reserve is up next for the second test and you can sure of a delightful experience in one of the oldest test venues in New Zealand.
Following the conclusion of the test series, you’ll have a day at leisure before your return flight to London.
“Elite Sports Travel were incredible. Our initial enquiry was about the cricket in New Zealand but then we asked for a bespoke package! Ben kept us informed every step of the way asking if we were happy with hotels, flights and transfers. He did an amazing job at putting in the itinerary everything we wanted to do, especially whale watching. We were sent a merchandise package that was amazing and a lovely touch just before we travelled. We had the best holiday, our first long haul, mainly due to not having to worry about a thing as it had all been taken care of. We stayed in some fabulous hotels all in walking distance of cafes, bars and attractions. The cricket wasn’t too bad either! We would like to thank Ben and his team for making our time in New Zealand such a special one. I would highly recommend them.”