1ST & 2ND TEST TOUR
Following the conclusion of the T20 World Cup and short ODI series in South Africa, England turn their attention back to red ball cricket with a two test series in New Zealand against the Black Caps. Last time out in November 2019, the hosts comfortably won the series with a 1-0 scoreline. Having just triumphed on home soil with kiwi Brendan McCullum at the helm, you can be sure that England will be keen to put on a show in New Zealand.
With guaranteed beautiful test grounds and superb local hospitality to enjoy, join us as we take you down to New Zealand for some scintillating test match cricket at the end of England’s winter series.
12th Feb -2nd Mar 2023
- Officially guaranteed 5 day season tickets to both test matches at the Bay Oval in Mount Maunganui and Basin Reserve in Wellington
- Emirates, Economy class, from London; Manchester & Birmingham options available
- 1 night at the 5* Fable in Auckland with Bed & Breakfast
- 5 nights at the 4* Hotel On Devonport with Bed & Breakfast
- 2 nights in 5* Pullman Rotorua with Bed & Breakfast
- 1 night at 4* Masonic Art Hotel in Napier with Bed & Breakfast
- 6 nights at 4* DoubleTree by Hilton with Bed & Breakfast
- Transportation from Auckland to Tauranga, Tauranga to Rotorua, Rotorua to Napier & Napier to Wellington
- Return match day transportation; overseas airport transfers
- Exclusive EST cricket merchandise pack
- Elite Sports Travel staff in attendance
- Elite Sports Travel concierge service
- Additional excursions throughout the tour including Hobbiton Movie Tours tour, Te Puia Geothermal Reserve, Te Pa Tau Maori Experience including dinner, wine tasting and much more
- Options to add on full match hospitality by the day including breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea and inclusive beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks.
- Optional South Island Tour Available
Auckland & Tauranga
Arrive in Auckland in good time for your transfer to your hotel for a one night stay to recover from the long flight.
The following day we transfer you down to Tauranga via a trip to the infamous Hobbiton for a 5 night stay ahead of the first test. Enjoy a leisurely morning ahead of the day-night test at the beautiful Bay Oval which starts on 16th Feb. Although a relatively new cricket ground, it still retains its rustic charm with open grass surrounding the outfield and the only actual seating comprising some small steps in front of the pavilion. It’s a real slice of local New Zealand treasure.
Of course, if you would like options for full hospitality, this is located in the marquee behind the bowlers arm and offers a delightful selection of local cuisine and fully inclusive drinks. It’s also very reasonably priced, ask our team for details.
Rotorua, Napier & Wellington
At the conclusion of the test in Mount Maunganui, we transport you down to Rotorua for two days relaxation and sightseeing around the beautiful Lake Rotorua including a fantastic Maori Experience with dinner included.
We then head to Napier in Hawke’s Bay and, when in Hawke’s Bay, we have to go wine tasting!
The following day transfer down to Wellington with the afternoon spare to take in the many sights in New Zealands second biggest city. Rested and ready to go again, Basin Reserve is up next for the second test and you can sure of a delightful experience in one of the oldest test venues in New Zealand.
Following the conclusion of the test series, you’ll have a day at leisure before your return flight to London.
South Island Tour Extension (Optional)
The conclusion of the second test in Wellington may be the end of the cricket, but doesn’t have to be the end of your trip in New Zealand. Our six night South Island extension allows you to continue your trip with a packed itinerary of cultural experiences designed to highlight the best the southern half of the country has to offer.
When you’re not in the comfort of your 4 & 5* accommodation you will spend time on New Zealand’s most iconic boat and one of Queenstown’s most historic destinations. The leisurely 90-minute cruise across Lake Whakatipu showcases some of Queenstown’s spectacular alpine scenery with previous passengers including Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip and President Bill Clinton!
Also included is a tour of Christchurch including punting on the Avon River and a Hop-On/Hop-Off Christchurch Tram Pass so you can explore this wonderful city at your own pace.
For further details on our South Island extension or for any information about additional excursions please give us a call on 01920 330750.
“Elite Sports Travel were incredible. Our initial enquiry was about the cricket in New Zealand but then we asked for a bespoke package! Ben kept us informed every step of the way asking if we were happy with hotels, flights and transfers. He did an amazing job at putting in the itinerary everything we wanted to do, especially whale watching. We were sent a merchandise package that was amazing and a lovely touch just before we travelled. We had the best holiday, our first long haul, mainly due to not having to worry about a thing as it had all been taken care of. We stayed in some fabulous hotels all in walking distance of cafes, bars and attractions. The cricket wasn’t too bad either! We would like to thank Ben and his team for making our time in New Zealand such a special one. I would highly recommend them.”