The 2nd Test
Watch England take on the Black Caps in the second test match in New Zealand’s Capital City, Wellington, named by Lonely Planet as the ‘coolest little capital in the world!’ Watch Ben Stokes and his team’s new brand of cricket descend on Basin Reserve and aim to reverse the fortunes of the 2019 series
20th Feb -2nd Mar 2023
Tickets & Hospitality
- Official guaranteed 5 day tickets to the 2nd Test at Basin Reserve in Wellington
- Optional hospitality packages including premium food and drinks can be added for an additional cost
- Emirates Airlines, Economy class, from London or Manchester to Wellington
- 7 nights at the 4* DoubleTree by Hilton Wellington on Bed & Breakfast Basis
- Return airport transportation
- Return match day transportation
- Exclusive EST cricket merchandise pack
- Elite Sports Travel staff in attendance
- Elite Sports travel concierge service
- Optional bolt on excursions throughout the tour including Hobbiton Movie Tours tour, Hot springs experiences, Maori experiences, wine tasting and much more
- Flight from Wellington to Queenstown in Economy Class with Air New Zealand
- 3 nights accommodation at 4* Crowne Plaza Queenstown in a Courtyard King or Twin room on Bed & Breakfast Basis
- 1 night accommodation at 5* Te Waonui Forest Retreat in a Deluxe King or Twin Room on Half Board Basis
- 2 nights accommodation at 4* Fable Christchurch in Superior King or Twin room on Bed & Breakfast Basis
- Sightseeing Tour of Queenstown
- Hop On / Hop Off Christchurch Tram Pass
- Trip on TSS Earnslaw, a 1912 Steamship including BBQ Lunch Franz Josef Glacier Viewpoint, Wanka Tree and through Haast Pass and Southern Alps with Optional 30 minute helicopter tour to Franz Josef Glacier Tour of Christchurch including punting on Avon River
- All Transfers Included
- Additional optional excursions on your free day in Queenstown such as Dart Wilderness Safari, Shotover Jet, Boutique Wine Tour including platter style lunch, Gourmet Wine Tasting Tour including 5 dish lunch, Doubtful Sound Day Excursion including picnic lunch and catamaran cruise, Milford Sound Day Excursion including picnic lunch and cruise
DoubleTree by Hilton Wellington
The 4* DoubleTree by Hilton is perfectly situated in central Wellington in the heart of the Central Business District and close to the waterfront. The hotel is adjacent to the cable car which takes you up to the Botanic Garden which enjoys fabulous views across the city.
- High quality rooms
- On site restaurant
- Excellent central location
Wellington is one of the most desirable cities in the world, ranked number 4 along with Tokyo in the latest survey
Known for its food, coffee and culture, it is also home to some fantastic sporting venues, Sky Stadium and Basin Reserve.
While in Wellington, you will have time to ride the infamous cable car to the lookout for fantastic views of the city or take a trip to the Museum of New Zealand, Te Papa Tongarewa.
Alternatively, just relax and acclimatise in one of the numerous restaurants and cafe’s Wellington has to offer. Wellington has more cafe’s per capita than New York so you are guaranteed to find a good cup of coffee to get you ready for the second test!
Basin Reserve is the oldest cricket ground in New Zealand and we are delighted that England are back to play a test match at this iconic venue!
Home to The New Zealand Cricket Museum, you can feel the history of this magnificent ground and it is the perfect setting for the deciding test in this series between two great cricketing nations.
We cannot wait to have you join us at this infamous venue to witness Ben Stokes and his team play their expansive new brand of test match cricket.
South Island Tour Extension (Optional)
The conclusion of the second test in Wellington may be the end of the Cricket, but doesn’t have to be the end of your trip in New Zealand. Our 6 night South Island extension allows you to continue the fun with a packed itinerary to give you the full kiwi experience!
When your not in the comfort of your 4 & 5* accommodation you will spend time on New Zealand’s most iconic boat and one of Queenstown’s most historic destinations. The leisurely 90-minute cruise across Lake Whakatipu showcases some of Queenstown’s spectacular alpine scenery with previous passengers including Queen Elizabeth, Prince Phillip and even President Bill Clinton!
You will also receive a tour of Christchurch including punting on Avon River alongside a Hop On / Hop Off Christchurch Tram Pass so you can explore this wonderful city at your own pace.
For further details on our South Island tour or for any information about additional excursions please give us a call on 01920330750
“Ben was a superb host, I have serious mobility and dexterity issues, and Ben couldn’t have been more helpful in accommodating my needs. I wouldn’t hesitate to use Elite Sports Travel again, and they come with my highest recommendation.”