Head off the beaten track into India’s northernmost state right up in the foothills of the Himalayas for an IPL cricketing experience like no other.
The picturesque small market town of Dharamshala is most famous as the home of the exiled Dalai Lama and is hugely popular with travellers seeking spiritual enlightenment and a possible chance encounter with this holy man.
The Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium is the highest cricket ground in the world and you will enjoy an IPL feast here as the Punjab Kings take on Delhi Capitals here during your stay.
12th – 23rd May 2023
- Premium category IPL match tickets to
- Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals
- Delhi Capitals vs Chennai Super Kings
- Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Return international flights on Virgin Atlantic or British Airways, economy class, from London to Delhi and Mumbai to London
- One way flight from Delhi to Amritsar on Air India
- One way flight from Dharamshala to Delhi on SpiceJet Airlines
- One way flight from Delhi to Mumbai on Air India
- 2 nights at the 5* The Taj Swarna in Amritsar in a Deluxe room on a B&B basis
- 3 nights at the 4* Fortune Moksha in Dharamshala in a Fortune Club room on a B&B basis
- 3 nights at the 5* The Oberoi in Delhi in a Deluxe room on a B&B basis
- 2 nights at the 5* The Oberoi in Mumbai in a Luxury room on a B&B basis
- Airport meet & greet and return airport transfers; Return match day transportation;
- All transfers between cities and excursions
- Amritsar excursions include Jallianwala Bagh
- Dharamshala excursions include Norburlingka Institute
- Delhi excursions include Jama Mosque, Drive past Red Fort, Raj Ghat, Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, drive past India Gate President House and Government buildings
- Mumbai excursions include Prince of Wales & Mani Bhawan
- Rickshaw ride in Old Delhi
- Two bottles of mineral water per day per person
- Exclusive EST IPL Merchandise
- English speaking local guides during the transportation and sightseeing excursions
- Flight upgrade options to Premium Economy, Business and First
- We have hand picked some of the finest hotel properties in India for this itinerary, but you are welcome to switch to alternative hotels and we can help source these for you on request
- Options to bolt on additional IPL matches, beach extensions, other cities etc available on request
5* Taj Swarna – Amritsar
The 5 star Taj Swarna in Amritsar is stylish & contemporary, basking in an enviable location that serves Amritsar and the adjoining cities of Jalandhar and Ludhiana.
The hotel features spacious rooms, a wide variety of world class dining options, exclusive Jiva Spa & Salon and is close to the main shopping area of the city. The perfect place to unwind after a long day of travelling and to prepare for the busy but exciting days ahead.
4* Fortune Moksha – Dharamshala
This property is neatly nestled in the picturesque Strawberry Hills with beautiful views of snow-capped Dhauladhar Mountain Range and the pristine Dharamshala Valley.
The hotel is surrounded by pine trees and deodar forests which leave the air around scented with sweet pine fragrance. We’re sure you will be feeling relaxed and re-energised after your stay in this quiet mountain retreat.
5* The Oberoi – New Delhi
The Oberoi in Delhi was ranked as the Number 1 City Hotel in Asia by Travel & Leisure in 2022, and it’s not hard to see why when it’s location is perfect, it’s facilities are outstanding and the service levels are impeccable.
With beautifully designed and appointed rooms, excellent dining options on site and a stunning rooftop bar, you can be sure of a relaxing and comfortable stay in one of the finest 5* hotel properties in India.
5* The Oberoi – Mumbai
Centrally located in Mumbai’s business district, close to South Mumbai’s shopping and entertainment areas, The Oberoi offers luxury and convenience all one place.
The hotel’s elegant rooms feature a stunning open plan design with wooden floors & large windows offering beautiful views of the coastal landscape. Boasting facilities such as its outdoor heated pool, 24-hour spa, & a variety of cuisines, there’s no finer place to stay in the city.
EXPLORING NORTH ITINERARY
|Day 01||Fri 12th May||London||Depart London on overnight flight|
|Day 02||Sat 13th May||Amritsar||Arrive Delhi, connect to Amritsar flight (dep 13.40; arr 14.50)
Palki Sahib Ceremony at Golden Temple
|5* Taj Swarma|
|Day 03||sun 14th May||Amritsar||Full day sightseeing tour of Amritsar & Wagah Border|
|Day 04||Mon 15th May||Amritsar – Dharamshala||Drive to Dharamshala (approx 4 hrs)||5* Fortune Moksha|
|Day 05||Tue 16th May||Dharamshala||Full day tour of Dharamshala|
|Day 06||Wed 17th May||Dharamshala||19.30 hrs MATCH – Punjab Kings vs Delhi Capitals|
|Day 07||Thu 18th May||Dharamshala – Delhi||Flight to Delhi (dep 11.30; arr 12.55)||5* The Oberoi|
|Day 08||Fri 19th May||Delhi||Full day tour of Old & New Delhi|
|Day 09||Sat 20th May||Delhi||19.30 hrs MATCH – Delhi Capitals vs Chennai Super Kings|
|Day 10||Sun 21st May||Delhi – Mumbai||Flight to Mumbai (dep 08.00; arr 10.00)
19.30 hrs MATCH – Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
|5* The Oberoi|
|Day 11||Mon 22nd May||Mumbai||Half day Mumbai tour|
|Day 12||Tue 23rd May||Mumbai – London||Depart Mumbai
The experience of travelling to Mumbai for the IPL with Elite Sports Travel was first class in every respect. John and Joel organised everything perfectly and were on hand for queries every step of the way. We had to change dates at short notice once it became apparent that obtaining visas to India was a much slower process than it used to be. John and Joel handled all of the changes with ease and put our minds at rest. All of the transfers went smoothly and we were well looked after in Mumbai. The cricket was fabulous and we would definitely book again with EST. A huge thank you to the team!